At the forefront of 401(k)/IRA business funding (also known as ROBS, or Rollover as Business Startups), Benetrends has helped more than 10,000 entrepreneurs over the past 30 years with our Rainmaker Plan®. No other 401(k) funding provider has been in business longer or has the expertise of Benetrends.
The Rainmaker Plan is designed specifically to help you:
- Minimize debt
- Enhance cash flow
- Stimulate business growth
- Build equity
- Take full advantage of tax benefits
The benefits are powerful, yet easy to understand:
- Invest your retirement funds in your business—without taxes or penalties
- Use a safe, proven plan based on long-standing provisions of the IRS
- Use pre-tax dollars to fund your business
- Gain business equity and an improved cash flow position from the start
- Can use the funds to receive a salary during startup
- Accelerate business profitability by eliminating or reducing interest and debt
- Secure funding fast—typically in two to three weeks or less
- Can set aside tax-deductible retirement savings up to $200,000 per year
- Optimize business equity and value
In 4 steps, see how you can use your existing retirement account to fund your new business, all with no debt, no taxes, and no penalties!
Step 1: Create a C-Corporation
Benetrends will establish a C-corporation for you, ensuring the incorporation process is completed quickly and accurately. Your corporation will be established in the state where you will conduct business, with additional steps to be taken if you plan to conduct business in more than one state. Upon approval of the incorporation, Benetrends will file for your Employer Tax and Retirement Plan ID numbers with the IRS and provide both company bylaws and corporate minutes. Benetrends will then create a custom retirement plan that best suits your individual company’s needs, whether it is a Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) or other plan type. Your new custom Plan documents will be created stating the corporation is the sponsor of the new Plan.
Step 2: Design New Qualified Retirement Plan
Upon receipt of your executed documents, we will review the information with you and provide detailed instructions for opening the corporate and retirement plan bank accounts. Your Benetrends pension analyst will guide you through the process of rolling over your funds from your existing qualified retirement plan or IRA to your newly created Plan.
Step 3: Banking Rollover Process
The Plan is now able to invest in the newly formed C-corporation. We will confirm the total dollar amount you are using to invest and calculate the shares of stock the Plan owns in the corporation. Stock certificates and a plan book will be prepared and provided.
Step 4. Fund Your New Business!
Your corporation is officially funded and you are ready to purchase your new business or franchise! Benetrends will continue to keep you on track with regard to all aspects of Retirement Plan Administration. After all is said and done, the entire 4-Step Process normally takes 2 to 3 weeks to complete.